WHY WORK WITH US
Rafode Ltd is a non-deposit taking Microfinance Institution Headquartered in Kisumu with the mission of promoting financial and social support to our clientele hence changing lives positively. Our aim is to provide affordable financial services and renewable energy products to active micro entrepreneurs and households in the rural areas. We have funded 1,600 groups in Western and Nyanza regions with 70% being women.
- Answer incoming phone calls.
- Answer inquiries and handle client complaints.
- Receive and direct visitors to the appropriate person/office.
- Receiving parcels, dispatching correspondence and day to day office operations.
- Photocopying and scanning documents.
- Maintaining general office cleanliness and keeping safe custody of Office equipment, documents and records.
Rafode seeks to hire Office Assistants to be based in Kalobeyei and Kakuma refugee camps in Turkana County. The role holder will be responsible for handling general office support duties including cleanliness and clerical tasks.Job Details
- Assisting with network and security Management.
- Assisting with data storage.
- Assisting with system development.
- Providing user level technical support for end user, computer and printers.
- Providing user level training on daily application used, including but not limited to MS word, MS EXEL, MS OUTLOOK, Adobe acrobat and other basic computer related skills.
- Assisting with end user system updates and monitoring including spy ware removal, virus checking, ensuring back up of data files.
- Assisting with user management.
- Monitoring printers, copiers to make sure they are working properly.
- Providing high degree of professionalism and end user satisfaction and work well with others.
- Maintenance of computer peripherals, troubleshooting, cleaning/dusting the computers and servers. Offering support to staff.
- Network administering and making sure the server is working properly.
- Registration and updating clients’ information and payments in the system.
- Troubleshooting network problems, printer-sharing problems and other issues that may arise to the computers in the network.
- Social media management. Digital marketing and websites updates.
We seek to hire two ICT Assistants; one assistant will be based in Kisumu and the other in Turkana County. The role holders will be responsible for providing effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide support to the IT Manager. Job Details
- Manage day to day accounting entry and processes i.e. receive goods, Delivery Notes, Invoices and record in register, generate Goods Received Note.
- Reviewing/reconciling settlement/payments, summary loan collection, and all vouchers.
- File in an orderly manner documents such as invoice/receipt and payment voucher etc. Classification of loan documents to proper loan files.
- Reconciliation of Navision records (portfolios and savings) and other supporting records to the general ledgers and making recommendations for corrections
- Performing daily bank reconciliations and preparing monthly bank reconciliation for all bank and M-Pesa accounts and making timely adjustments duly signed by Finance Manager.
- Preparing Monthly Financial and Management Accounting reports and responding to all queries raised & regular reporting.
- Ensuring proper classification of transactions as assets, liabilities, income and expenses.
- Stock taking of assets (quarterly) and inventory (monthly), timely resolution of variances and maintaining of asset register.
- Handling escalated customer complaints
- Any other duties assigned by the finance manager.
We seek to hire an Accountant to be based in our Head Office. He/She will assist the finance manager in managing, processing and troubleshooting various accounts and transactions.Job Details
COMMUNITY EMPOWERMENT OFFICER/LOAN OFFICER
- Identify, initiate and manage strategic community partnerships that increase quality.
- Represent Rafode at networking events, seminars, and conferences; frequently presenting our mission and services.
- Develop, organize, and conduct training for Rafode clients and prospective clients in conjunction with community partners positioning our organization as a leader in alternative financing.
- Support public relations with client success stories.
- Work closely with clients to provide them with loans, ensuring client satisfaction throughout the loan application and servicing process;
- Convert potential clients into borrowers and effectively retain clients;
- Sell the loan and renewable energy products and follow-up regularly in case of default according to policy;
- Obtain information and documentation for individuals that qualify for a loan.
- Ensure quality control of all data entry and provide simple, friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful customer service to our clients’ inquiries about Rafode’s loan program and requirements.
- Interview prospective borrowers and assess their ability and willingness to repay a loan.
- Analyze the information and documentation provided by the client, determine if the client qualifies for a loan and, if so, make a recommendation for approval.
- Meet with clients at loan closings, ensuring that all paperwork is accurate and that information regarding loan is properly disclosed to client.
- Work with clients on a one-on-one basis to deliver a range of financial education services targeted to their individual needs. These include record keeping assistance, cash-flow management, credit management, and referrals to other organizations. Refer to other organizations when appropriate.
- Ensure strong loan performance, including on time payments.
- Take a participative and active role in the overall implementation of Rafode Micro finance program.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor or management from time to time
Rafode seeks to hire Community Empowerment Officers also known as Loan Officers to be based in Turkana County. The Loan Officers will be directly responsible for the the entire loaning process for the project in Kalobeyei and Kakuma Refugee camps including client management. They will be responsible for recruiting members and marketing the loan product and renewable energy products, ensuring prompt and complete collection of loans and seeing to it that the client increase their house hold income, generate savings and accumulate productive assets.Job Details
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring project progress, resource planning, budget management and project schedules through the entire project life.
- Define the overall scope of the project and prioritise the tasks of the project.
- Documenting, writing reports either monthly or quarterly and take action where targets are not met.
- Ensure project implementation adheres to the prescribed framework and all documentations are maintained properly for each project.
- Assess project risks and emerging issue and provide solutions where applicable. Create project management calendar for fulfilling each goal and objectives.
- Prepare project reports in the prescribed manner and handover to the supervisor for onward reporting to the partners.
- Manage project expectations with internal and external stakeholders. And managing change in the project.
- Organizing, attending and participation in stakeholder’s meetings.
- Work with the field team to ensure that the project implementation is meeting its monthly, quarterly or yearly targets.
- Providing effective leadership to the team and Coordinating staff.
- Mentor, coach and supervise project team members. Support the team in the field to ensure targets are met.
- Set targets for team members and evaluate team performance.
- Time management to ensuring project deadlines is met.
- Act as the main stakeholders contact person for project activities.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Managing Director.
Rafode seeks to hire a Project Manager to be based in Turkana County. The project Manager will be responsible for implementing a project in Kalobeyei and Kakuma Refugee camps. The Project Manager will have direct responsibility for planning and overseeing the project to ensure that they are completed within signed off time, budget and scope. He/She will plan and designate project resources, prepare budgets, monitor progress and keep stakeholders informedJob Details
- Generating sales leads of solar products on Credit.
- Meeting or exceeding sales goals or Targets.
- Negotiating all contracts with prospective clients.
- Helping determine pricing schedules for solar products.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports.
- Giving sales presentations to a range of prospective clients.
- Coordinating sales efforts with marketing programs.
- Understanding and promoting company programs.
- Obtaining deposits and balance of payment from clients.
- Visiting clients and potential clients to evaluate needs or promote products and services.
- Maintaining client records.
- Answering client questions about credit terms, products, prices, and availability.
Rafode ltd is looking for a sales representative to be responsible for generating leads and meeting sales goals for solar products on credit. Duties will include sales presentations and product demonstrations, as well as negotiating contracts with potential clients.
In order to be successful in this role, you will need to have a deep understanding of the sales process and dynamics, and also superb interpersonal skills. Previous experience in a sales role is an advantage.Job Details